You can filter the data you show on a chart in order to reduce the amount of information in your chart by using an embedded filter based within your chart. You can place an embedded filter on any column in your dataset, even if you did not choose the column to visualize.
To filter the data you show on a chart:
- In the top-right corner of the story builder, click FILTER.
- Choose the column in the dataset by which you want your reader to filter.
- Select the cell data that you want to include in your chart:
- For example, deselect All in the County filter. All county boxes will deselect.
- Select one or multiple county box(es). For example, select Adams.
- Click Apply.
- Select an option to save the chart:
- Click SAVE to save the changes over an existing chart you have already pinned to a dashboard or added to a story.
- Click PIN or ADD TO STORY to save a new chart with the filtered data to a story or dashboard.